The Trust was set up by a group of like-minded professionals from various walks of life who believe that there is a need for an organization that combines focused implementation and community involvement to improve the quality of education in Anganwadi and lower primary schools of rural India, hence the program is being initiated in rural Malur, Areleri Grampanchayat, Kolar District.
Our work began in February 2012 as a group that initially consisted of research in the area of an existing system for child protection, especially for quality education gradually based on our observations, findings, and understanding of the needs. We have implemented our program in four thematic areas .i.e Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, and Youth programs.
Although our initial emphasized issue was towards quality education, we understood the need for health; particularly water and sanitation. We have moved to the implementation of relevant programs collaborating with local governance, such as Anganwadis, Government lower primary schools, Grampanchayat and, primary health care centers.
These regular community-based programs such as health camps, awareness programs, stakeholder meetings, workshops on issues of child-rights, water & sanitation and, conducting and ensuring children enrollment in schools is taking place.
Our mission is to work with the community and local governance to promote quality services in order to ensure the upliftment of their living conditions.
- Our project focuses on strengthening the networking system through intervention for ensuring child rights.
- Lobbying and advocating the issue related to community on quality education, health, water and sanitation, youth through research, and campaigning.
- Ensuring grassroots network for development in the formation of child rights committees, parents committees, village level, and GP level committees.
- The project will also bring focus on quality education by strengthening non-formal methods of teaching in Anganwadis and lower primary schools.
- The project will ensure providing a resource center for youth on vocational training and life skills.
- Encouraging and strengthening Self-help groups among women for thrift activities.
- To ensure the community has access to clean and safe drinking water, eco-friendly toilets, garbage management in villages and to increase groundwater level through rainwater harvesting programs.
- To support community and local governance in improving the well being of people through health awareness programs and health camps at the community level.