Aa Foundation is working on Four thematic areas.
The project focus is children and quality education, where parents and community, school and Anganwadis are important stake holders and organization will be playing the role of facilitators in encouraging self help groups microcredit activities to ensure the children rights.
- Hundred percent enrollments campaigns
- Supplementary nutrition programme
- Computer Aid education
- Supporting Anganwadis and school in creating child friendly environment through children committees Strengthening parents Committees, SDMC’s and GP members on issue of Quality education.
To improve health status of women and children and to address the issue of alcohol and tobacco practice among youths. Increasing participation of PHC and Quality health care by
Facilitating regular health camp at school and Anganwadis and for the community in the villages, awareness programmes on malnoushriment, women’s health problem, HIV –AIDs and TB. Through Activities such as,
- Regular health camp
- Special health camp and follow-ups
- Referral care
- Supplementary nutrition
- Awareness programme for community
- Networking and Participating in state – and district health campaign
- Advocating for generic health stores at Grampanchayat level.
Water and sanitation
The following activities are planned to take to address the issue.
- Rainwater harvesting (individual households)
- Water filters for individual families and Anganwadis/schools
- Garbage management programme
- Awareness and campaigns with stake holder on importance of safe drinking water and eco-friendly toilets.
- The youth are encourages to participate in developmental activities in their village
- Formation of youth groups at village level
- Awareness programme on vocational training and life skill
- Resource center for youth at GP level to facilitate governments and job related programme.
The pilot intervention programme will be in kolar disitrict ,malur taluk , Areleri grampanchyat of villages.